Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What We've Been Doing

Going on walks. The kids love going on walks around our neighborhood. We are located in a gated community with tons of land to explore. That's one positive about living in the desert; there's grasslands, hills, and tons of other nature type things for the kids to enjoy.

Swimming. I honestly don't know what I would do without a pool- especially in this 100 degree whether we have been experiencing lately. We have been spending hours and hours in our pool at home. Not only is it a great way to stay cool and refreshed, but the kids can get a lot of energy out of their systems!

Barbecuing. It's great to come home from a walk or a great swim to some delicious barbecued foods! Usually I will prepare our dinner sides in the afternoon and set them aside, then i'll take the kids on a walk or for a swim and when we're all done, there will be a yummy meal waiting for us prepared by Wren!

Going for ice cream. When I was pregnant and just had one or two children, I swore I would NEVER bribe my children. As they got older, more verbal and opinionated, and more and more children were thrown into the mix, I occasionally find myself doing so. I am aware of what i'm doing, but bribing them from time to time just makes everything easier. Like they say, sometimes you have to chose your battles. In my case, I have to chose if I want to bribe them in order for them to do something. In my case, it's usually ice cream. The kids just LOVE ice cream. So usually i'll tell them that if they get their chores done or rest for an hour, i'll take them for ice cream. It. Works. Like. A. Charm.

Making lots of cold drinks. Sun tea. Lemonade. Koolaid. You name it, we've made it. Not only is it fun to make homemade drinks with your kids, but it's healthier and keeps you refreshed all summer long!

***Now tell me, what does your family do to stay refreshed and occupied during the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment