Tuesday, July 10, 2012

10 (Questions) on (July) 10


1. How many children do you have?
I have five children.

2. What are their ages?
Violet is 6, Mila is 5, Seraphina is 3, Connor is 1, and Adelaide is also 1.

3. What time do you start your day?
Monday thru Friday I wake up at 5:30am so I can exercise for an hour. And on Saturday and Sunday I wake up no later than 8am, which is late for me. I should point out, though, that when i'm pregnant, I don't really wakeup at 5:30am to exercise- which has basically been a little more than half of the time i've been a mom. Oh well!

4. What does your family eat for breakfast?
Monday thru Thursday we eat cereal, muffins, oatmeal, fruit smoothies, or yogurt and granola. As for Friday, we eat eggs, and everyone gets to chose how they would like their eggs to be cooked. Wren and I are not short order cooks, so this is the only opportunity each week for everyone to be picky about their style of cooking. We allow this partly because it's become tradition after so many years, and because I don't cook the eggs! Lastly, on Saturday and Sunday we rotate between french toast, pancakes, and waffles.

5. Do your kids watch TV?
My kids are still so young that they'd rather spend their time exploring outside or drawing a picture than watch TV. I love it this way and would definitely like to keep it like this for as long as possible. With that said, we do have a family movie night each week when we watch a movie as a family, but that's basically the only time each week when the kids watch television.

6. What are their favorite activities?
The only two who are old enough to participate in extra-curricular outside of the home are Violet and Mila. Currently they are enrolled in ballet and soccer. When Seraphina, Adelaide, and Connor get older, I KNOW they are going to want to be involved in activities as well, but we haven't quite reached the point where they are old enough. Inside of the home they are really into the arts and enjoy making up plays, dressing up, going swimming, drawing pictures, baking, and a lot more.

7. Do you get a break during the day for some you time?
I get a break each day when Violet and Mila are at school and the youngest three are down for their naps. I learned a long time ago to rest when your children are resting, so that has become my one and only time during the day for a break.

8. How do you end your day?
Each night after the kids have gone to bed, Wren and I spend some alone time together. Each night is different; sometimes we watch a show, other nights we just cuddle, etc. But it doesn't matter to us what we do, because as long as we spend time together, we're happy.

9. What is your best parenting advice or tip?
My parenting advice is to enjoy every moment: big, small, funny, sad, etc. Kids grow up so fast, trust me. I know my oldest is only six years old, but it seems like just yesterday she was born. So enjoy every moment, please. You'll want to remember these moments, even if they have come during a time of stress or anguish. Remember, your babies are only young once, then they grow up...

10. Do you want more kids?
I'd be lying if I said I didn't. Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted at lease eight kids, and I still do. I know five kids is different than six kids, and six kids is different than seven kids, so i'll take it one kid at a time, but at this moment, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment